Friday, March 06, 2009

Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Glaze

These pictures are kind of ugly, but the cake was delicious.



Chocolate cake, faux ganache filling, strawberry glaze. This cake had to replace the one I wanted to make when I couldn't find a recipe that I liked. I wanted a chocolate cake with a fudge filling, topped with a strawberry glaze. Ideally, this would have been a Bundt cake. Unfortunately, the only from scratch recipes I could find involved nuts and the birthday boy doesn't like nuts so it wouldn't work. The strawberry glaze was a little thin and spread a bit more than I wanted, but that was because I added a few extra strawberries to make it pinker.

1 comment:

alfred said...

Fresh strawberries contain fewer calories than strawberries packaged in heavy syrup.Calories in strawberries, packaged in light syrup will contain fewer calories than strawberries packaged in heavy syrup.

Strawberry Glaze