Saturday, March 20, 2010

Burst of Lime Ginger Cake

This cake was made for my friend's belated birthday celebration on Oscar night. Since I usually provide dessert for our Oscar party, the birthday girl requested this cake from her KitchenAid mixer cookbook, which is vastly different from the one that came with my mixer. Her book has color pictures, more recipes and brand name ingredients.

Pretty as a picture.


This cake wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was good. It had a lighter texture than gingerbread, but was still pretty dense. It had a heavy molasses taste that contrasted nicely with the sweet lime and cream cheese filling. Delicious with pumpkin spice coffee!

I forgot to post my Oscar picks for this year before the telecast, but I'm happy to report that I won the Oscar pool for the third year straight with 15/24 right.

No comments: