Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Scones

I find it really hard to believe that I've never done a post on scones. I've made them several times before -- maybe more often than pie. My usual recipe is written on post-it note that I wrote down while watching some local morning program a million years ago. It is a drop scone recipe that calls for berries to be added at the end. 
My favorite type of scones to make are white chocolate chip/apricot. A coffee cart in the building of my former job made that flavor and it was always a treat to buy one. Maybe that long-ago scone is why I prefer drop scones to the kind I made here, which I'll call "wedges."


The well-worn post-it recipe is good, but I was inspired to find a new one because I have too much self-rising flour on hand. I found this recipe, which I adapted by omitting the orange peel and cranberries and adding chocolate chips (on the left) and white chocolate chips and apricots (on the right.)

I have to apologize for this picture, which was taken at work under fluorescent lighting and while the scones were in a box. I completely forgot to take a picture before I packed them up and headed out the door!

No comments: